Confession

I made a promise to myself, and I feel the need to confess to the masses (or the 3 people who regularly follow my blog). I ate at McDonalds.

It started out so innocent. I was going into the Cathedral in Valencia, but to my dismay the woman handing out audio guides told me that there were no bathrooms inside. She recommended the McDonald's a couple doors down.

I walked in and was bombarded by the scent of salty French Fries. What was I to do? Believe it or not, I held my ground. I went in and out...and into the Cathedral. But an hour or so later, when we finished our tour and I needed to go again. It was too much for me to resist. I ate 9 McNuggets and an order of Fries.

Today, again, I faltered. I just needed to use the wifi (since our Madrid place isn't currently hooked up--the primary purpose of this post is to tell you that...so now you know)...but the pungent smell of nostalgia took me aback. Another order of Fries.

That's it, I promise. Only food I make myself or authentic food. It's no big deal. I can stop whenever I want to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, I ate some fries the other day when Armin, Max and I went to Westport to the beach. Max had an order of chicken nuggets with fries and could not finish it. They really tasted good yummie.
Don't beat yourself up. . . . . . if you order it you may as well enjoy it.
love,
Oma :-)
PS Am I the only one commenting on your blog?

frnysnbrgr said...

Don't feel guilty.... mcDonald's fries can be too good to resist... When in Spain do what the Spaniards do and eat at McDonalds

Unknown said...

Easy for Mom to say and Oma, but don't you think Nike says it better? Just Do It! :)